Policies and Procedures for Dancemaker Studio LLC 2021-22
There is a one time, registration fee required with your registration form. This fee reserves your child a space in the class/classes they are registering for, and is non-refundable. Your child will not have a space in the class without both a completed 2021-22 registration form and the registration fee being turned in.
Registration fees can be paid by check or cash to Dancemaker Studio, or by Venmo: @Victoria-Varney-1
$30.00 per student registering for Non-Company Classes - fee includes a Dancemaker Studio shirt given out in late September
$75.00 per student registering for Company Classes -fee includes a shirt and Company jacket given out in late September.
The 2021-22 dance season will begin September 7th, and will run through May 2022. We will have a Spring Recital at the end of the dance season for the students to showcase their abilities. The date for this recital will be announced as soon as possible.
The costume/recital fee will be $75.00 per student, per class. Since Company members will be taking 2 classes per week, they will need to pay the $75.00 fee for each class ($150.00 total per Company member). This fee will cover your dancer’s costume for the Spring Recital, and will help cover the cost of putting on the show. This fee will be due by December 16.
Because the studio is located in my home and space is limited, I cannot allow parents or siblings to stay and watch regularly. We will have one Parent Observation day during December (unless we are restricted from doing so due to COVID) so that you can come and see how your child is doing and see what we are working on. I will send out more information on this Observation Day as it approaches. Other than that, I ask that you plan to drop only your dancer off. I find that children learn better, are less distracted, and feel more independent when they are able to attend class on their own.
Please be on time picking up and dropping off your child. I will not be able to supervise children for more than a few minutes before their class begins, or after their class has ended. Please do not drop off dancers more than 10 minutes before their class begins.
Consistent class attendance is expected. Dancers are more confident and successful when they have minimal absences. Out of respect for the other dancers in the class, please be sure your dancer is punctual and consistently at their scheduled class. All students will be expected to attend at least 90% of their scheduled classes. If your dancer does have to miss a class, you will need to send a message with an explanation via email to .
All classes are prorated throughout the year, so monthly tuition will always remain the same. There will be no discount for months with holidays, and no extra charge for months with 5 weeks. There are also no discounts or refunds for classes missed for any reason, or for the rare time we may have to cancel due to heavy snow.
There are 3 payment options for 2021-22:
1. Pre-payment option - There will be a 10% discount for the pre-payment of all tuition and recital fees. To qualify for this discount, all 9 months tuition and the Costume Fees must be paid for by the first week of classes in September. This is a great money saving option. Let me know if you are interested in this and I can calculate the total for you.
2. Auto pay option - ACH withdrawal for monthly tuition and in December for Costume Fees. Payments will be withdrawn from your checking account on the 5th of each month. If you choose this option, we will set it up the first week in September.
3. Cash option - Pay fees in cash the first week of classes each month - no checks or monthly Venmo payments please.
**There will be a 10$ late fee added to all payments made after the first week of the month
Monthly Tuition Rates: (please note that tuition prices also apply to families)
1 hour/week $40.00
2 hours/week $72.00
3 hours/week $96.00
4 hours/week $112.00
5 hours/week $140.00
6 hours/week $168.00
7 hours/week $196.00
8 hours or more $224.00
Hair and Dress Code:
Please help your student follow the dress code. Students who do not adhere to the dress code may be asked to leave.
For Non-company ballet classes (including Beginning Ballet and Intermediate Ballet) dancers should wear:
- Any color leotard, pink footed tights, pink ballet shoes (can be leather or canvas) with the strings trimmed and tucked in. They may also wear a short skirt or tutu if they wish.
- Hair should be pulled up away from the face (a pony tail is fine, and a bun is even better!)
For All Company Ballet Classes dancers should wear:
- Black leotard, pink footed tights, pink canvas or leather ballet shoes.
- hair should be pulled back in a tight pony tail or bun, all hair away from the face.
For All Company Jazz classes dancers should wear:
-Tight fitting, stretchy clothing (for example-jazz pants, leggings, biker style shorts, tights, leotard or form fitting tee or tank top)
- TAN slip on jazz shoes. (we are eliminating the black and switching to tan this year)
- Hair pulled back away from the face.
For Fouette and Adagio Companies:
- Dancers will be required to wear Gaynor Minden brand pointe shoes You will get specific instructions from Mrs. Victoria on how and when to buy these as the summer progresses. We will also use pink ballet technique shoes for ballet (leather or canvas), and nude colored foot undeez for Contemporary Jazz.
Dancers in Adagio and Fouette Companies will also need to adhere to all clothing and hair requirements the other company classes follow.
Places to purchase these pointe shoes:
4168 S. 1785 W. West Valley, UT 84119
(This is the only store that carries Gaynor Minden pointe shoes in stock)
8922 S. 700 E. Sandy, UT 84070
There are also several online sources for dancewear and supplies-which are great if you already know which size and brand to buy. If you mention that you are with Dancemaker Studio, Onstage Dancewear will give you a discount.